Monday, December 9, 2013

The Forsaken Inn by Anna Katherine Green

The Forsaken Inn4 1/2 stars

This was one of those free kindle books; you know, the kind with the boring red and cream cover? In fact, if it wasn't for the generic cover I would have read it much sooner but it looked sooooooo one-of-a-hundred that there was nothing to hook me in. Which is a shame cos I almost missed out on a great thriller.

This book comprises all the creepy elements that make a good vintage mystery:an old house, secret rooms, intrigue, assumed identities and a crime that lies hidden for 16 years until... a panel is moved and....behold! A shrunken skeleton with an engraved wedding band....

By the way, if you think you know all the whole mystery in the first few chapters, you're wrong. Just keep reading.


 This would have been 5 stars for me but I took half a star off because I wasn't thrilled with the second hand narration. But once I got past that, I really , really enjoyed it.

CONTENT:
SEX: None
PROFANITY: None
VIOLENCE: None shown
PARANORMAL ELEMENTS: None

No comments:

Post a Comment