Monday, December 9, 2013

Falwell's Honor by Sandra Livingston

Falwell's HonorThis was a pleasant light read set in the 1500s and is basically about a traitorous plot to seize the throne of Queen Elizabeth, a plot that has wrongfully sent the Earl of Falwell to the Tower of London and his son and successor into hiding. (you can read the book blurb on Amazon for the full details).

It's not my usual style and I'm not likely to re-read it but it was an ok read, albeit a little humorous where it wasn't supposed to be. By that I mean, the villains were definitely villains, almost disney-esq and I was laughing in a few spots like when the "villain" angrily demands the incriminating papers back from our heroine and she shrieks, "Never"!


 It is a clean read with no sex or cussing. The only violence is a conk to the head and you got it, it was a villain that got conked. "You'll never get away with this!" "CONK!" "HA HA HA" (I'm paraphrasing, lol)

I'm not positive but it looks like this may be the author's first book (??) and I think she did a good job. I would be interested to see what she comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment