Thursday, December 12, 2013

Inspector Rumblepants and the case of the Golden Haggis by Mike Blyth

Inspector Rumblepants and the Case of the Golden HaggisWhat made me choose to read this book?

I'm not in the target age range and I'm not even fond of zany kids cartoons.

It must have been something in the title that resonated with me and found a kindred spirit in the gurgling of my post-chickpea-soup-stomach.I'm in pain and I think the thief's secret weapon might come in handy...

Ok, so this wasn't a book for me. There's a lot of slapstick and some potty humor which just isn't my thing. However, while I was reading it I could picture reading it aloud to my 8 year old nephew and seeing him roll on the floor with laughter. For boys age 8-12 I think this book would be a success; they'd LOVE it.

By the way, do you know what a haggis is? There's some speculation in the book that it is a rare Scottish animal whose legs on one side of its body are shorter than the others so that it can climb mountain sides with no trouble. Coming down is another story and thats why they're so rare...


MY RATING: G

Many thanks to NetGalley for a free copy of this book to review

No comments:

Post a Comment