Friday, January 31, 2014

The Scandalous Lady Robin by Sylvia Thorpe

The Scandalous Lady Robin3 1/2 Stars
This was an enjoyable light hearted frolic along the lines of "My Fair Lady ". However, Robin doesn't change all that much so the reform wasn't as successful as some would hope. Still, it was a humorous and pleasant read.

I did find myself getting quite annoyed with Robin on occasion and felt like taking a switch to her, she was just so over the top "devil may care " and I thought she might have a bit more respect and concern for her father's name if not her own..

In retrospect I probably would have enjoyed this more if I wasn't reading it online (open library) . When you're a little annoyed to start with (losing Internet connection, no bookmarks etc) the story has to be pretty awesome to compensate. And it was good but not awesome.

I would recommend this to any Austin or Heyer fan.

CONTENT
SEX : None
VIOLENCE : Mild Fisticuffs
PROFANITY : Mild
PARANORMAL ELEMENTS : None

MY RATING : G(

No comments:

Post a Comment