Monday, November 10, 2014

It Happened In Egypt by C.N Williamson

It Happened in Egypt by C.N. WilliamsonThis book is roughly 70% travelogue, 20% mystery and 10% romance.(and the romance is split between four couples)

It felt almost as though the author kept a diary while on an extensive trip to Egypt and decided to use it as a base for a novel. The descriptions are vivid but I admit I got a little impatient after a while because the story was kept waiting while we admired the scenery. (And anyone who knows me knows that I enjoy a leisurely-paced, descriptive book so go figure...)

I think if it had been edited by about 100 pages the story would have been "tightened up " improving it. But it was an ok read and quite interesting. There are one or two exciting bits but overall not very suspenseful. 

Aside from the scenic descriptions and history of Egyptian gods, we have a story of hidden treasure, escape from a harem and espionage. 

I would recommend it to those who enjoy a more rambling mystery and exotic vacation thrown in.

MY RATING: G

No comments:

Post a Comment